Self Quiz: Are you a victim of dating violence?
Does your boyfriend or girlfriend:
1. Embarrass you with bad names & put you down?
2. Look at you, or act in ways that scare you?
3. Control what you do, whom to see or talk to, or where you go?
4. Stop you from seeing or talking to friends or family?
5. Frighten you with their temper?
6. Make you afraid to disagree with him or her?
7. Hit, kick, shove, or throw things at you?
8. Make you afraid to say no to sex?
9. Wrongly & repeatedly accuse you of flirting with others?
10. Make all of the decisions?
11. Act like abuse is no big deal, is your fault or even denies it?
12. Destroys property?
13. Intimidates you with weapons?
14. Makes you apologize to yourself or others for your partner's behavior when you are treated badly?
15. Forces you to justify everything you do, every place you go and every person that you see to avoid his or her temper?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship, or your relationship could become abusive. We advise you to seek assistance or counseling. For more information, you can contact our office: Healing Hearts & Families, 930 South D Street, Broken Bow, NE 68822 Please call Local 308-872-2420, or Toll-Free 1-800-799-7233 or our 24hr-Crisis Line 1-800-942-4040.